Monday, September 12, 2011

christiedrahnak.com

Hi everyone!  Wanted to let you know my website is now up and running.  As promised I wanted to give you the details on what I did to get it where it is today :)

First I purchased the small package from my host, A Small Orange (they are great by the way).

I then uploaded Wordpress to my host - Here is the process for doing so:  http://codex.wordpress.org/Uploading_WordPress_to_a_remote_host

I then found many great themes and plugins by searching in Wordpress and loaded the ones I wanted.

I used the NextGen Gallery for my portfolio page.

That was it.  Some things took a little time to figure out but overall it was pretty easy.  I would still like to make a few changes but it should work for now :)  Hope you like it! :)

http://www.christiedrahnak.com/

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I really like your web site! Your portfolio is great! I can't wait to read your book:)

susie said...

Hi Christie...your site is very nice, clean and easily accessible. Makes your art stand out...like it should. I too have been searching for a good host/website for my drawings. Thanks so much for sharing this! I will check small orange out.
Your paintings & characters are all adorable and should be in a book or in textile design.
Great job with the site...you'll eventually get it to where you want it. Good work takes time:)
see you again soon..susie

Kerie Frances Miller said...

Christie it looks great and why you got a Liebster Blog Award. Check it out here http://illustrationjunky.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/feeling-the-love-liebster-award-x2/